Bandol Red AOC
GRAPE VARIETIES :
Mourvèdre : 75 %
Grenache : 10 %
Cinsault : 12 %
Carignan : 3 %
Mix of clay and limestone.Yield 36 hl per hectare
CULTURE AND HARVEST :
- Traditionally tilled soil (both mechanically and by hand) reasoned soil treatment.
- Manual grape harvest.
- Clusters are hand-selected in the vineyard.
VINIFICATION METHOD :
- Grapes are destemmed and lightly crushed.
- Vinified for 2 or 3 weeks in thermo-regulated tanks at around 25°C.
- Aged in oak casks during 18 months. Wine to be kept 8-10 years.
DISH AND WINE ALLIANCE :
You will particularly appreciate our Bandol red wine with game, stews, red meat, cheese …
IDEAL TASTING TEMPERATURE :
From 16° to 18°C. Open 2 hours before tasting.
TASTING COMMENTS :
Deep red colour, present intensity, with very fine aromas and ascendancy of red fruits. smooth tannins with a good length at the end of mouth.